Friday, November 7, 2008

Green Monsters






What a nightmare! There are green monsters invading our week old rental house...fun story to tell. I don't mind change, it's one of those things I've come to embrace. After all, it's going to happen and there's not much we can do to have a routine as monotonous as The Truman Show throughout life. Last month we were blessed to have sold our home before we moved to Chicago, not so fortunate to now have to find a place to live for a short 3 months before we actually make that move. Again we were blessed to have found a great landlord who offered a short term lease knowing we would only be there for 3 months. So when we saw that it was in bad shape, had an atrocious paint job of bright sky blue in the front room and salmon pink in the kitchen, had 3 panels missing from the "florida" room or screened porch, no porch door, filthy carpet and dog dug back yard we overlooked it because it was temporary. Little did we know just how temporary.

Yesterday while I was at work I got a distressed text message to call ASAP. To my dismay our rental home was flooded. My poor babysitter walked into it after picking up the kids. Brandon got there before me to assess the damages and everyroom was soaked. Long story short we missed work today, rented a U-haul, rented a storage unit and cleared everything out. They ripped out carpet and set up blowers in every nook and cranny along with dehumidifiers. It's about a 3-5 business day job so we are staying in a friends RV outside the house until then. Change. And I thought painting and moving was going to be our biggest challenge, what else could be in store?

3 comments:

Auttie Dottie Watches said...

Wow that doesn't sound fun at all. I'm sorry. Sounds like perfect time for a visit home!!Love ya

UCC said...

Oh! No! That's crazy! But sooo glad you guys have a blog now! Why haven't you added mine & Jenny's fam blogs to your blog list..hmmm????

kener4 said...

Ugh! I am SO, SO, very sorry for you. Years ago we had a flood in the basement so I can feel your pain!

Hang in there and keep your chin up :) Good luck!