Friday, February 6, 2009

Time of Remembrance


Today marks the day my mom would've been turning 71...I can't believe it. In her memory I've always had her favorite treat...a Snicker's bar. In her last days she couldn't eat or enjoy any food so she encouraged us to eat something "for her." I celebrate every birthday in her memory and remember her loving and infectious laugh. She was such a strong woman and I hope that even a tiny bit of her strength has passed on to me. I've memorialized her as much as I could and I tell my kids about a memory of something she taught me every moment I can...but I still miss her extremely. It doesn't ever feel like she's really gone, although my brain knows this my heart won't accept it. I always said it was more like her being on an exotic vacation where there are no phones and we can't communicate verbally. I feel her spirit everyday and hope she's looking down on me...proud of who I am and what I aspire to be.

4 comments:

Auttie Dottie Watches said...

PU I have no doubt in my mind that she is looking down on you and is so proud of the strong beautiful succesful women you are. I know how you feel sometimes I pretend like Joe is still on his mission. We have to believe we will see them agian and live as one family. I love you i know this month is hard for you I will be thinking of you. I love you so much

KrosOhana said...

It's so nice to have understanding friends, not just sympathetic ones. I really believe what you said and I know in my heart that we'll all be together again one day...it's the only thing that keeps me sane. If I could have been there for Joe's funeral I would have. It was all I had not to jump on a plane and leave all my responsibilities behind. I loved him so much, he was a big part of my life and I worried about him all the time. I love you too Auty! Never forget that you mean that much to me.

UCC said...

You are so sweet and that is such a nice post! Beautiful Grandma!

Jason and Teresa said...

I am so happy to find your blog. You and your family look so great. I hope we can make a weekend trip to chicago. How do you like it so far? I hope your having a good day. I know your mom is proud of you. love Teresa