Monday, September 29, 2008

Where to begin?



Every now and again I'm going to post a past event...to try and catch up those that haven't been there for the entire Kros relationship. So if you see a throwback post, it's intentional. It's so hard to know how far back to go...but it makes sense to start at our families beginning. Your in for a nearly 15 year ride, keep your hands and feet inside at all times, do not stand, and enjoy the ride!

Brandon and I were transient kids in our high school days, we both attended 3 high schools, but were brought together at Taylorsville High School. He had moved down from Hamilton, MT and decided to attend school with his cousin Adam Stark and other neighborhood friends he already knew. I had just moved to Murray/Taylorsville area from Sandy and attended Jordan High School. My original plan during the summer was to ride the bus to Jordan every day and finish up my Senior year there...but when I found out I would have to take 3 buses to get there and leave at 4 am it hardly seemed worth it. So reluctantly, but luckily I went to Taylorsville...my first year there for my final year. I knew no one for my last year of high school, but it was meant to be.

Brandon and I had beginning Spanish class together. I had taken Spanish at Mt. Jordan Middle School but didn't retain too much. Brandon turned out to be 1/4 Mexican but didn't speak any Spanish. Lucky for me he needed a tutor to help him pass and our paths made a permanent merge. He sat a few seats in front of me from the alpha order of K-L and got up to sharpen his pencil in the back of the room a lot. He later shared with me that it was to get a glimpse of me and try to remember my name, how sweet. He couldn't pronounce it, so he gave me a nickname when he was telling his friends about me and it stuck...Puki.

1 comment:

kener4 said...

I love it! I can't wait to hear the rest :)