Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Behind the times

I feel so behind the times with just having started a blog. Well I guess that's what you get for giving up 4 years of your life for college. While it was well worth it, I missed out on a lot. Luckily there are great creations such as this to catch us up! I started a scrapblog too and I'll post them as they are completed.

Biggest news is Halana, turning 11, wants to be the first girl in the NFL and is starting off with wrestling, flag and tackle football.

Paka is enjoying his first year at tackle football and so far his season is as follows: 21-0, 2-0, 6-0, 34-0. He might be our kicker, he sure does a great job bouncing it their heads.

Brandon has advanced in the US Navy quite quickly. He went in from delayed entry an E-2. Got voted by his peers to advance to E-3 (I forget the official term at the moment). He did an early promote out of A school to E-4 and then advance to E-6 at his first command! We’re moving to Chicago where he’s going back to boot camp, only now he’ll be an instructor.

I just graduated from nursing school. A very long haul, but I did it! I got my license a couple of weeks ago and started a preceptorship on the post trauma unit in a Trauma One hospital where I worked as a PCA (CNA equivalent). I love trauma and surgery, it’s been a great experience so far!

2 comments:

kener4 said...

Awesome-congrats to you all!
Have fun blogging. It's so addicting! check out mine sometime. www.kenerfamily.blogspot.com
It's so great to see and hear all you are up to! I'll be checking yours often! :)
-Mandi Kener

UCC said...

hooray!! I am soo excited you guys started a blog! You've done such a great job...love it!! Congrats on all the awesome stuff going on in your family! I also do love scrapblog!! :)