Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mele Kalikimaka


It has past, another year...and it was such a great learning experience for us all. Despite the challenges and the hardships, we are all stronger people. We had a great Christmas, even though we were far apart from extended family we had one another. Our "perfect" little nuclear family. We had a perfect small and hopeful celebration. I had my little cry when I watched "Joy to the World" and Brandon did his best to cheer me up. It really isn't the same without my mom around, it doesn't get any easier to celebrate holidays without her as the years pass. Hard to believe it's been 11 years since she passed. I love her and miss her everyday. I hope that I live my life so she can be proud looking down on me.

This year instead of leaving the old cookies, carrots and milk for Santa we made a gingerbread house. We made a card with his image on it and left him an ornament coke with his picture on it, just so there was no confusion on who it was for. I guess the reindeer missed out this year, or were high on sugar.


Equally, I hope that everyone had a great Christmas and that the season reminds us all how fortunate, blessed and loved we are. Hauoli Maka Hiki Hou for the year to come!

No comments: